The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday February 25, 2005 at 23:25
pilgram
Loyal Member
November 2004
The 283M's aren't a true 'blaster' in the sense that they aren't designed to 'fill a whole cabinet' of equipment.

The distance that they can be located from the reciever 'eye' depends alot on the ability of the reciever.

If you pull the cover on some of your equipment, you'll be suprised to find that the 'eye' is actually located a little ways behind the front 'glass' rather than flushed up against it. I've had some experiences where placing the emitter almost anywhere inside the case worked fine; some had to be located right in front of the 'eye'.

The best way to find out is to wire everything, point the remote control towards the new IR reciever ( since it is now located by your TV, you may have to temporarily turn it towards you, or get someone to run the remote for you) and move the emitter around until you find a good spot. It usually only takes 2 or 3 trys. For the record, the emitter fires IR out both sides (the 'sticky' side and the percieved 'front' side).

The emitters have a 6 foot, I mean, about a 2m lead on them so you should have enough length to do this with the piece out of the rack.

It probably took longer to explain this than it will take to do the first one!!

Good luck. It will be time well spent!

Edit- And You won't have to stand on one leg !

This message was edited by pilgram on 02/26/05 00:08 ET.
Every day is a good day.......some are just better than others!

Proud to say that my property is protected by a high speed wireless device!

Hosting Services by ipHouse