Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 17, 2005 at 11:00
David Anderson
Long Time Member
February 2005
ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE INTERMISSION FORUM

The layout of kit in my L-shaped living room is proving rather awkward for the use of IR remote controls though this layout meets all my other needs (so I don't want to move the kit).

My hi-fi stereo system is located close to my CD collection and well off to the right hand side of my listening position . The angle of the remote control IR beam to the front fascia of the pre-amp is on the limit of the acceptance angle of the IR receiver.

My home cinema system is mounted on the left hand side side wall as viewed from my listening position and thus the remote IR signals also reach this equipment at an extreme angle (which is ok for some units but not others). Incidentally, the two systems share the front left and right speakers.

Ideally, I would like to find an IR receiver that could be hard-wired to a pair of secondary emitters - one of which would be mounted on a wall directly opposite the hi-fi system, with the other mounted on the wall facing the AV system. Obviously this receiver would be placed within easy line of sight of the seating position.

My problem is that I have not been able to locate secondary emitters that have a similar range to that of most ordinary remote controls. All I have found so far is a selection of short-range emitters for use within equipment cabinets. Can anyone help to point me towards a solution?

Any help will be very gratefully received.

Hosting Services by ipHouse