Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 4, 2005 at 12:39
gratefool1
Lurking Member
March 2005
Hello all,

I am a newb to all of this and please forgive any ignorance (of which there is much when it comes to high tech AV). I am putting in a new system at home and really need some help.

I have a Denon 3801 reciever that I never used to its potential in that it never was set up correctly.

I also have a full set of Klipsch RF-7 speakers that (please don't beat on me for this, I get enough at home...) will be relegated to my basement as the wife says that there is no way I am getting to put my towers in her new living room / family room. I think I am going for some proficient in wall speakers but not sure yet (I like the c850's as the have a pivoting tweeter that may be of use in that I will not be able to completely balance the distance of my rears due to an overhang constraint).

I have a sweet 20" Klipsch subwoofer that will stay, possibly over her dead body.

And I am getting a pioneer elite 50" plasma display.

I will be hooking up VCR, DVD, and would like to be able to access my pc ext harddrive for a mp3 jukebox system that I could pipe through the house.

Now here is where I need help.

I want to hide all of the equipment in a nearby closet (again at the shrew's... I mean wife's insistance), so I need some advice on a relay type of setup.

Also, is my reciever going to cut it? I wish it were the 3805 withthe sweet mic in setup but alas... Can I hook an external mic up to the 3801 and make it work? This amp works in 7.1 but is really 6.1... never understood that. I am hoping that I will be able to switch channels and power a whole house speaker system for piped in music as well (far from audiophile quality).

The question is do I keep the 3801 upstairs with this system or does it also head down to the basement... Before you get too teary eyed over the fate of my RF-7 Klipsches, please know that the basement is my music room where my band leaves its equiptment and such. They will be well utilized and loved down there... I have plans for making the basement a real home theater in the future, but not yet.

Any advice onthe speakers? I want to go in-wall / in-ceiling for my wifes sake. I like the sound of these c850's but haven't had time to test a lot of in-walls.

Finally an issue of connectivity. My pioneer plasma has a separate tuner that is connected to the TV via a dci cable i believe. Do I need to run DCI all the way from my reciever to the tuner as well?

SO many questions.... Thank you all for bearing through this laboriously long email and I thank you in advance for an insights and help.

Peace all!!!!

gratefool1

Hosting Services by ipHouse