Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday March 15, 2005 at 07:31
David Anderson
Long Time Member
February 2005
Hi Mike! (Pilgram)
I guess the first thing to say is that my primary focus at present is working out what cabling is required for a hard-wired solution. Why? Well, all my floor boards are up at present for other work and if I don't get them back down again very soon (permitting the laying of much delayed carpet) my wife will kill me! Once the fitted carpets are laid I don't want to lift them again. As you know, I've already tried and rejected one cheap RF solution so I want the greater certainty of a hard-wired IR system to be an available option - even if I'm eventually persuaded to go down a more up market RF route. As Shoe said, the cables are cheap and now is the time for me to install them even if they never get used.

As regards remotes, I have been assuming I would use my Pronto in the living room and cheap remotes in the other locations. I like the idea of an MX-850 but they are scarcer than hen's teeth in the UK and horribly expensive. I haven't checked it out, but I also suspect that the UK version might use different RF frequencies from the US version thus limiting the number of potential suppliers.

Hosting Services by ipHouse