March 2005
I am trying to solve a problem ...
My system is as follows -
Hitachi 50" plasma w/ the Hitachi control center box the remote is rf,
Scientific Atlanta explorer 8300HD cable box the remote is ir
Bose lifestyle 24 surround system the remote is rf,
Sony CD/DVD DVP-NS575P remote is ir
Panasonic VCR the remote is ir

The entire mess of it is housed in a cabinet purchased just for it all. I even tested the Hitachi remote to make sure that it would work through the 1 inch door and it does, (we were told that everything would go through the Hitachi control box and we could use that remote for all. The problem is that the tv goes through the cable box which is ir and does not work through the 1 inch door. So we now use a remote for each item and the door must remain open all the time so the SA cable box will work. Question 1 - is there a remote that will control all of these devises or at least the first 2 or 3. that will control both ir & rf?
Question 2 - if not, I have found a device that converts ir to rf, can I use that or something like it on the SA cable box and at least get to keep the door closed. And with that device inplace can I use the Hitachi rf remote to control the SA cable box? At this point I don't care what it costs I just want to keep the doors closed and eliminate some of the remotes. Thank you for any help you may lend. DLind

Hosting Services by ipHouse