The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday May 5, 2005 at 23:53
mr2channel
Select Member
August 2002
As you know opinions are like...well you know, everyone has one. Mine happens to be that transmission line designed speaker enclosures provide the most accurate reproduction of music (I don't know if I would personally persue a transmission line design enclosure for HT use, but you can always give it a shot) , but 1st you need the right driver, because not all drivers will work well in a transmission line enclosure, 2nd to get the box right for the driver it is a lot of trial and error, and it does not matter what box program you use, you can get close, but you still have to tune it "manually" no software (I.E. LEAP software) can get you "there". Choosing the design is also important, because their is no "one" transmission line design. I have a pair of transmission line designed speakers and love them very much, but as my "handle" says...Mr2Channel...I love music, and that is what I wanted them for...10" peerless woofer, 7 1/2" focal mid, and a Seas 400 tweeter, box built by a friend, and crossovers tweaked by Albert Von Schweikert himself....musical bliss to say the least(and yes I still have a turntable...). Here are a few links if you want to look into T-Line designs...

http://www.t-linespeakers.org/

[Link: quarter-wave.com]

[Link: quarter-wave.com] this one should keep you busy for a while...

you will want one of these...

[Link: speakerbuilding.com]

[Link: linearx.com]

http://www.speakerbuilding.com/

Have fun with it, its alot of work, but worth it if you have the time to get it right!

my .02

What part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." do you not understand?

Hosting Services by ipHouse