Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday January 29, 1999 at 18:44
George Mills
Historic Forum Post
Some folks realized the IRIQ was crap in the showroom.

Some folks realized the IRIQ was crap soon after they got it home.

Some folks realized the IRIQ was crap after a week or so.

Some folks have not realized the IRIQ is crap YET.

I would not of bought it if I disliked it before I saw it.

Two hours is all it took to see it was crap.

I never claimed to be an expert on the IRIQ or the software. But it does not take an expert to see the IRIQ is crap.

I forget where I read it recently that one dealer selling IRIQ's had 3/4 (or some terrible figure) of them returned. My dealer has had about 1/2 them returned and serveral of them are sprinkled about behind the counter.

I think I was quite polite about *most* of my warnings to others and when folks like you want to discredit my opinion (which agrees with many) will only make this whole issue look like more crap.

If folks see my review they can see how much time I spent on it and judge accordingly.

The only reason I truely read this forum is I'm curious how long Microsoft/Harmon/Magdrigal takes to solve the problems with the IRIQ and what they do about it; being a former owner, a developer for Microsoft platforms and know how to judge these companies for future products.

But I can't help warn some poor lost soles still considering this remote and most not patient enough to read some of it's poor performance recorded here. Most have made up their mind based on which they saw first before they found this forum. And my first 4 sentences above will apply if they go with IRIQ. After the first 3 sentences you'll be up to at least the 50% reject rate.

Regarding your deal.

There are 2 "IRIQ reject" responses in this thread alone !!! One is right behind your post by Gordon and another a ways back by Adam. There must be at least 15 different people that have posted so in this forum that rejected the IRIQ by now. And to be fair perhaps 10 or so that approve of the IRIQ.

Take a pole, but don't forget to ask in the Pronto forum too. In fact I'll do that now.

I'll post a message to each forum and ask that only people that have handled an IRIQ reply.

Hosting Services by ipHouse