Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 25, 1999 at 11:19
Ted Brady
Historic Forum Post
I just thought I'd start a thread that gets people talking about the macros/activities they've used that may help others get past mindblocks, etc.

The main headache I remedied was my power on/power off problem. As has been stated numerous times, the electronics industry does not support a standard (i.e a separate button for on and for off) and that a lot of macros are over-engineered because you have to allow for the "power" button turning things off when you meant to turn them on, and vice versa. I have nine remotes I've replaced with the TC1000, and only two of them support separate on and off buttons. Solution: A decision that I'll turn EVERYTHING on at the start of the session, and turn them ALL off at the end. I have a simple "power up the system" macro on my home menu. Each activity (watch a dvd, watch dss, etc.) has a setup button (macro) on it's screen that does things like change the Lexicon's input to that source, change the projector's aspect ratio to the proper one (my dvd activity has three set-ups depending on anamorphic, letterbox or 1:33), and set the source to some ready position (eject, etc.). Each activity screen has buttons relevant to that activity. At the end of the day/session, I go to home menu and execute the "power down" macro. Simple? Please advise if I'm overlooking the obvious.

P.S. Great remote (other than device screens), great forum.

Hosting Services by ipHouse