Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 30, 1999 at 14:37
RayT
Historic Forum Post
Considering this site is a site JUST for remotes, I was surprised that Dan didn't add this sooner. My remote of choice is the Marantz RC2000Mk2. I also have a Home Theatre Master SL9000 and played around extensively with the Take Control. Never seen a Pronto here in Canada but played around with the ProntoEdit program.

Anyway, my feeling with remotes is that you generally get what you pay for. For me, the Marantz is the *cheapest* remote that does the job for me. The cheaper ones like the Sony AV2000, SL9000, Rotel, One For All's don't cut it if I had to shelf all my original remotes. The touchscreen ones don't have me convinced either. I can *feel* my way around the RC2000 in the dark. Now that I am used to its button layout, I don't have to look it at while I am using common functions: transport, volume, numeric entry, pause etc. This is something that will never be true with the touchscreens. The ideal remote would be one that has hard keys for most common functions but a programmable area for less used keys. Or even better, imagine a remote with hard keys but the labels on the hard keys are programmable. Whaddya think?

Hosting Services by ipHouse