Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 17, 1999 at 12:00
BruceM
Historic Forum Post
I was surprised at George Mills review...having found that in less than one hour of set-up of the HK Take Control I could put away my other (six) remotes, I was delighted.

I run a strange set-up with Sony DVD, Meridian CD and 561 decoder/pre-amp, Panasonic VCR & TV, Linn amps/speakers etc so wasn't surprised I had to "learn" codes for most units. This was quick, simple (no problem with Meridian remote unlike some other posts) and self-explanatory. Built-in codes for my Panasonic widescreen had one button which had wrong code - it took all of a couple of minutes without needing manual to re-programme. Setting up activities was similarly simple to get something good enough to use.

The first comment from my wife "this is so much simpler!".....even before I've fine-tuned set-up. No problems with range (but then I've not had problems with Meridian remote); no problems with pushing buttons; screen easy enough to read given its size; no problems with touch-screen; why do I need a charger/stand?; love the roller wheel......I start to wonder if George was using the same device as me?

Complaints

Yes, it's a bit slow, but not that slow and not a huge problem once you're aware of it (and relax!).

Yes, it's a bit big, but styling is good and it's comfortable to hold.

Yes, it locked up once during programming, but no data was lost when I flicked out battery to reset so no harm done. It has not locked up during normal use.

Yes, it's expensive (especially as I live in UK) and it would be nice at half the price but then what wouldn't....?

[I haven't tried PC software yet - v. pleased to find that I only need it to refine set-up / key labelling etc.]

Hosting Services by ipHouse