Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 4, 2006 at 14:00
yardbird
July 2005
I have a Sony STR-DE685 receiver. Dishnetwork dual tuner PVR. I just bought a DVD recorder. The object is primarily to give my kids a place to dump stuff they've been saving on the PVR to DVD to clear out space. I also have a DVD player and a VCR connected to that receiver. (all SD ... no HD)

My thought is to remove the VCR from the system (rarely used...can't remember the last time we played a tape). On the receiver, video1 has input and output for both sound and video and teh TV itself is connected to another "section" called "monitor". All sound is handled by the A/V receiver.

If I connect that DVD recorder to the input/output of video1 using svideo and rca (to keep it simple for now... I can check out digital audio later)... does that sound right? I am guessing that we would PLAY a selection from the PVR, hit RECORD on the DVD recorder, and that "monitor" out to the TV will have us essentially watching whatever is being recorded.

I can't remember ever recording to the VCR this way (and the VCR is currently on that video1 section).... in fact I can't remember ever recording to the VCR period.

I just have no idea if I'll be doing this right.... PVR playing... in order to WATCH it direct off the dish receiver I would select video2 on the receiver as that's where the dish is connected.

I'm getting confused...
Panasonic TH42PX60U, Yamaha RX-V667, DirecTV HR24, Sony DVP-NC80V, URC MX-980, PSX-2

Hosting Services by ipHouse