Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday March 10, 2001 at 13:52
Bernd Schoeppe
Historic Forum Post
I have a Tele-Art RC100 which I bought in the early 90s while on vacation in San Diego for $25. Ever since I was very happy with this tiny but very flexible remote control back here in Germany. Until some 2 years ago the keys stopped making proper contacts. When opening the unit I discovered that I would break major components to get at the key contacts. That's still the state today. I would be happy if anybody could tell me how to repair this jewel of a remote. I would always buy a new one again if only I could find a supplier. A similar end of use happened to my other vintage programmable remotes: Realistic 15-1901 and a General Electric RRC500. Incidently when I bought the RRC500 in the states sometimes in the 80s for testing purposes I programmed its TV-channel up and down keys from the small remote which was part of the hotel room 's TV set. Back in Germany I later bought a Panasonic VCR which had no channel up and down buttons, neither at the front panel nor at its remote. Guess what: The VCR did recognize the up and down program codes from the RRC500. I am still using these stored codes today when it comes to setting up new programmable remotes.
P.S. What did I import to Germany then? Codeware?

Hosting Services by ipHouse