The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 22, 2005 at 21:26
dmhayden
Lurking Member
February 2005
Help! The touchscreen of my TSU200 isn't responding. The display works just fine, as do the hard keys, but there is no response when I touch the screen. Here are the details.

All hard keys work fine, the backlight is fine, the contrast wheel is fine and the screen displays everything properly. The screen has no visible signs of trauma. No scratches or cracks. I'm the original owner. I don't know if the unit was dropped or anything like that before the problem started. This thing gets a lot of use by everyone in the house.

Pressing the touch screen anywhere has no effect.

I tried the reset button and got no change. Tried removing batteries overnight, tried loading the default ccf file via prontoedit 4.0.5, tried downloading firmware twice (sys 4.8 and app 5.3). None of these actions made any change.

I found the code to get directly to the calibration screen (while holding down BACKLIGHT, LEFT and RIGHT keys, press MUTE, CH+, MUTE, CH+, VOL-, then release the BACKLIGHT key, then release LEFT and RIGHT keys). At the calibration screen, everything goes fine until I press the bottom right corner. The unit then says "Calibration Failed", beeps, and asks me to press the top left corner again. I've tried this a couple dozen times with different implements and it always fails.

Next, I took the unit apart. Found no signs of damage or lose connections. Put it all back together and it still behaves the same.

I haven't been able to find replacement screens on the web. Someone with a different remote had a similar problem and solved it by using their fingers in the calibration process.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm currently thinking that I'll have to get a used remote on ebay. The other option is a newer model. I'd consider this if the screen is much more visible and it still works with SuperNudeList, which I use for my CD jukebox and plan to use with a DVD jukebox in the near future.

Thanks,
Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse