The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday May 3, 2005 at 10:55
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Welcome to the world of posting on the site!

On 04/25/05 20:40 ET, kurtbennett said...
Thanks for the info, Daniel. I know you think
your site is easy to navagate, but that's because
it's your site! To the occational visitor who
just wants to get some information about their
Pronto, it can be rather problematic.

I must agree with your assessment. I find it terribly easy to navigate the site, but at first I was puzzled quite often. I am just glad that you did not REALLY let fly in what you thought was a private response to Daniel!

However, your quite amusing, self-deprecating sense of humor is obvious from almost the beginning of your first post, so if you did let fly, you would probably only cause many more chuckles than you first thought possible.

In my career haunting the internet, I have probably sent two dozen emails to webmasters telling them to try, just try, to imagine being new to their site, and try to look for (then I give a topic that took me forever to find). You at least got a response from Daniel. All I have every gotten is an automated non-response.

Hey, Daniel, what if you update the firmware and it turns out that the update is an older version than what is in the remote? I just ran across a TS1006 (see thread with that name) and, if I had not been looking carefully, I would have done just that.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse