The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 61 made on Wednesday October 17, 2001 at 08:51
rasmith76
Founding Member
October 2001
I just stumbled upon this thread, unfortunately 2 days after ordering my MX500. I'm tempted to keep the MX500 and try to get a Harmony as well. My system seems to be a good test for this remote, containing two TOAD Toshiba's (32" Cinema TV and a W708 VCR), and a Philips TiVo, with which I haven't seen anything positive relating to the Harmony yet. Can anyone give any comments regarding the TiVo with the Harmony? Anyone gotten it working decent yet? Can you set up an "Archive TiVo to VHS" activity? Seems like an activity like that requires a lot of buttons, how many buttons can display on the screen? Also, and this would be a HUGE plus for the Harmony, I have an old Sony 200 CD Changer (one of the originals); anyone know if it can scroll CD Titles on the LCD? Other questions concerning the physical nature of the remote. It looks small on the web page, but it sounds like about 6 lines on the LCD and it being a touchscreen. Can you accurately touch a screen the size of a cell phone display broken into 6 lines? I'm not trying to bash the Harmony. It's a fantastic idea and looks/sounds like it's being well executed, I'm just unclear on a few points of its operation (as I assume many are.) Thanks from a newbie.

Randy

Hosting Services by ipHouse