The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday September 28, 2001 at 09:01
Mike Riley
Founding Member
May 2001
PapaJohn: I don't know if Glen also told you about the Activities, so here goes: no, you don't have to do those steps to set up an Activity; the software figures them out for you. For instance, during initial setup, it asks you "When you watch TV, do you: listen with the television speakers? Listen with the Receiver speakers? (choose one)". Same with DVD, VCR, etc. Then, it auto-creates the Activities based on your input.

There is a complete set of tools to change, modify and streamline your Activity parameters. You can also modify the XML code governing most aspects of operation. So, after the initial set-up, you can pretty much have it run the way you want. You could even, as I will, have two Television choices: one with Receiver on, and one off (for everyone else in the house who doesn't really care as long as the picture comes on!).

As of this moment, there is no specific direct access to Receiver Modes, but I am told that this is already well in the works. ... Mike

PS: The TV Guide listings on the LCD, which you select by using the scroll wheel, will soon also have "Info" available, so you can see program descriptions just like on the dish. The main advantage, should you choose to use this method, is that none of your picture is hidden on the screen while you scroll. Now in the case of my digital cable, it puts a picture of whatever channel is active up in the corner of the Guide, but in my son-in-laws RCA DirectTV, the picture is completely replaced by a slow, full-screen Guide, which drives me nuts.

Hosting Services by ipHouse