The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday June 14, 2005 at 09:49
ryendry
Long Time Member
June 2005
Hi. Im new to this having recently aquired a second hand RC5000.
All is going well apart from 1 niggling item.

Try as i might i cannot devise a macro that will involve switching on my Panasonic CRT TV.

The button that has been programmed on a panel in devices has learned the code just fine and works no problems.

When this is aliased into a macro the long button press that is required is truncated to a shorter one that just doesnt cut the mustard.

I know this has been covered in earlier threads but a search has prooved fruitless for my needs.

So far i have tried.

From FAQ's: Learning the preamble and then the repeated section on seperate buttons and then combining them in a macro. I cannot get a clean start to the repeated section.

Editing the IR Code. It is not possible to add or replace any Hex codes in the version of Set-Up (RC5000 Set-Up Ver 2.3.1) so any solution involving this isnt working.
I get the impression that there are additional apps that will permit this but have no idea where to look.

Upgrading. Have put in the required paperwork to the department of household aquisitions and as yet am waiting for the female devision to stop laughing.

So. Any suggestions.

Cheers.
Working on the fly as ever!

Hosting Services by ipHouse