The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday July 12, 2005 at 13:34
mgorelik
Lurking Member
July 2005
So far, I've found 3 discrete codes for the Panasonic. 2 on and 1 off. One of them worked but reset programming. That what some people using that code reported.

Frankly, I wasn't expecting my VCR even to support any discrets. I have an old PV-7400. I was quite surprised that one on worked, event with that side effect.

In the process I've got interested in the IR commands themselves. I decided to dig a little bit futher to get some understanding of the command structure. I am not sure if I would ever resort to the brute force method of looking for the codes. But I wanted to see if I can modify discretes that I've got so far, maybe they will work.

I have enough information to make up codes myself and to modify existing commands. I'll take a look at the programs that you mentioned. I wrote a small program to convert NEo codes into Pronto codes and into command bits. Now I can modify the program to use panasonic format.

The only thing I can wish for is a table of known Functions for the Panasonic devices. Again, thanx for your help. You gave me the most important link that I was missing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse