The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday July 11, 2005 at 20:34
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
Panasonic uses their interpretation of the Kaseikyo IR standard.

It is documented in my IRP notation in its entry within my DecodeIR documentation at
[Link: john.fine.home.comcast.net]

I don't expect you know IRP notation, but it isn't too hard and you'll probably find it worth learning if you want to examine IR signals. If you know any other protocols, you may find them in that same document and compare your understanding of the structure to the IRP documented for them.

Remember all times and frequencies are approximate. The IRP description of Panasonic is
{37k,432}<1,-1|1,-3>(8,-4,2:8,32:8,D:8,S:8,F:8,(D^S^F):8,1,-173)+

meaning:
it is approximately 37Khz modulation,
each unit of time is approximately 432 microseconds,
a '0' bit is one unit ON and one unit OFF,
a '1' bit is one unit ON and three units OFF,
The lead-in is 8 unit ON and 4 units OFF,
The first two (8-bit) bytes are always 2 and 32 (These identify Panasonic within the Kasiekyo standard).
Software by various people who reverse engineered the protocol and recreate it, identify the next two bytes as Device and Subdevice. That is not technically correct. Those 16 bits are really 4 independent 4-bit fields. But treating them as Device and Subdevice makes it easier to fit in general software packages and isn't inconsistent with the values Panasonic uses.
The second to last byte is the function and the last byte is and xor of the three bytes before it.

This message was edited by johnsfine on 07/11/05 20:43 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse