The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday July 14, 2005 at 09:44
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
Those learned signals are really bad. The Power one has enough correct that I can see what it is and apparently the device can also. The others are hopeless, even given knowledge from the power command that could fill in most of the missing detail of the other commands.

It is possible that you could get garbage learns like that just as a result of weak batteries in the original remote. More likely something else was also wrong, but weak batteries might be contributing to the mess. So start by getting new batteries for the SW104HD remote. (Even if the original remote still perfectly operates the original device, that does not mean its batteries are good enough for a learning remote to learn from it).

The bad signals look like the result of interference from some other IR source. Do you have any sort of RF to IR system or other form of IR repeater or other IR source in the room where you did that learning? Maybe you need to relearn the signals in a different room.

You also may get some of the problems in those signals by jerking one remote or the other at the moment you press the button. It is best to place both remotes properly aimed and on a firm surface so you can hold the original remote still as you press its button and nothing is moving the Pronto at all at that moment.

Your results also hint that the distance between the two remotes was wrong during learning. I don't know much about the best distance for learning for a Pronto, but it may vary depending on the original remote.

I don't think anything is strange or difficult about the the IR protocol used by your SW104HD remote. I think the whole mess is some combination of the factors I described above.

Hosting Services by ipHouse