The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday July 19, 2005 at 18:13
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I didn't know Sony products were sold under other brand names.

Most consumer electronics companies sell under multiple brands and/or rebrand products made by other companies. The IR signals are normally those of the company who designed the product, not those of the company that branded it. But Sony has a unique system of IR signals. The Sony brand and Sony's IR signals are almost always together.

Those aren't very good learns of the signals, but I doubt they are bad enough to entirely fail to work. So I suspect there is some other problem.

But the bad learns might be the problem and anyway once other problems are solved you're better off with good learns.

Almost all Sony DVD players use the same set of IR signals. I expect the Sony DVD code set in the Database will work much better than learned signals. If not, then download and import from some CCF file for a Sony DVD. Almost all such files have much higher quality learned signals than you got.

*** Did you check that RF thing I mentioned before ?

If you decide you want to try to get better learns of these signals, don't worry about the batteries (Jim made a good guess, but that's not an issue this time). The problem is one of two things. I can't tell which one from these samples, but can rule out everything else:

1) You pressed the button on the Sony remote too fast after telling the Pronto to start learning. It takes long enough (a fraction of a second I think) from the time you tell a Pronto to learn till it really starts learning, that it is possible to press the button on the other remote too soon.

2) You aimed after pressing the button on the Sony remote. Both remotes should be stationary as you press the button. The should be aimed before that. I suggest having both on a table.

This message was edited by johnsfine on 07/19/05 18:21 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse