The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday July 19, 2003 at 14:39
BarryR
Lurking Member
July 2003
OK, I need some help from the experts here. My SUR20 is DOA (I admit, I'm only slightly broken up by this). I saw the new OFA Kameleon at the store and picked it up. It's cool and will be easier for the wife to use, but really has some limitiations. So I'm back to looking again.
The SUR20 was entirely touch screen, but I found after a while that I kind of missed the ease of use that hard buttons give, at least for the vol. and channel buttons. I looked at the SUR25 which seems to fit what I want (some hard buttons; programmability with the ability to label, move, etc. the "soft" buttons). But I've heard of some problems with the SUR25. So I'm also now looking at the MX500, which seems to be most versatile of the three in some ways, although is mostly a hard buttoned remote. I like the MX500 because of the flexibility in programming and naming the LCD buttons, although there are only a limited number of them for each function.
I don't have great demands for a remote (TV, DVD, Amp, VCR, Cable box, will be adding an HD STB; no lighting or other accessories), and I need something that is easy for the whole family to use yet can be customised and set up to use the way that I want it.
So I'm looking for an opinion from those that know more than I do. Is the MX500 the best option? or maybe something else that I haven't looked at?

THANKS in advance. Barry.

Hosting Services by ipHouse