The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 13, 2004 at 00:11
masterloggie
Lurking Member
November 2004
I have a home audio/video system and remote for each component. My wife is going nuts with all the remotes and which componebt is on.

I would like to set up something simple that she couls understand an was wondering if all the discretes and macros on MX-700 would allow me to program the following activies:

(I have the following components: Toshiba projection TV, YamaHa DSP A-1 amp, Yamaha tuner, Digital cable box, Panasonic DVDR, JVC S-VHS, Sony Hi 8, VCR, Pioneer LD and a Sony 200 dics CD player).

Basic step 1: Press TV button on the MX-700 and Turn on the TV to TV tuner

Step 2: Press Cable Box button on the MX-700 and Watch TV through digital cable box and set tv input(2) to cable box, turn on the receiver, select DSS on the receiver.

Then have the remote have all the functions on the cable box control.

Step 3: Watch a DVD..... Press DVD button on the MX-700 and change video TV input to component (4), turn on the receiver, select DVD on the receiver

volume control buttom for the amp should be the volume control on the MX-700 and the functions of the DVD player should match the buttons on the MX-700.

I would like to set functions like this for the LD player, VCRs and operation of the CD player without the TV .

Is this possible with this remote?
Press a function... the components turn on, inputs change on the TV and receiver to match componets selected and the compnent being used has functions on the remote and the volume control on the remote adjust the receiver volume?

Hosting Services by ipHouse