The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday November 17, 2004 at 16:04
PAW
Long Time Member
December 2003
Just to be clear, the open box MX700s are NOT considered new. HTM monitors the prices set by the vendors closely. My MX700 came from bluedo. They used it for testing. It still had the plastic on the IR lense and the batteries were still in their original plastic. The best of both worlds.

The Kameleon has an issue with it's motion activited backlight. It's too sensititve. Walking into the room or strong bass will turn it on. This causes it to eat batteries rapidly. The was ture 6 months ago when I was shopping for a remote. I don't know if they fixed the issue. There was also instructions floating around on how to disable the motion activition. Then you have to touch the screen to turn on the remote. I think the Kameleon is neat techonolgy but ultimately the MX series won out for me.

I'd recommend doing more reading hear, see if you can't find the remotes locately to hold them in your hand, think abour your price point and the other users of the remote. With this info, you should be able to pick the perfect remote for you. However, be willing to return the 1st remote if it doesn't work out. I upgrade from the MX500 to the MX700 to get the programmability I needed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse