Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday December 5, 2004 at 09:30
pghLarry
Lurking Member
November 2004
Anthony,
Thank you for your reply. I had picked up a remote last week from Radio shack. I purchased the Kameleon 6 in 1 for $59.00. I am not all that happy with it and will be probably returning it. I spent about 2 hours setting it up and still have not programmed the dvd/vcr combo unit. It doesn't state in the manual any codes for these units. There is a number to call to set up items that aren't in manual, but I haven't had time to call. The remote's physical size is too cumbersome to hold & use. However, it taught me some things about programing and what I'm looking for now. I know I definitely like the light up feature. I want a simple to program remote for basic use. I only need maybe 4 macro features that will setup some 1 step activity use. Like, hitting "DVD" and everything is ready to go; i.e.Tv comes on & switches to componet mode, Amp turns on & goes to dvd pro logic setting, Dvd/Vcr unit turns on & is ready to play a dvd. Another Macro button simply turns on/off cable & TV without Amp.(wife likes this). Any suggestions? I can pick up a Sony Rm-V1000 on Ubid for $26.50 including shipping. Not sure from what I read about the light up & programming. Thanks for responding. Larry (Go Steelers 10-1 )
Pittsburgh Larry

Hosting Services by ipHouse