Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 6, 2004 at 22:19
komits
Lurking Member
December 2004
Hello All,
I recently bought a new 50" DLP Panasonic TV. After setting it up along with all my sound gear I found myself with several remotes on my coffee table - very un-cool. So I started the search for a universal remote. I went to my local store and bought an RCA which was a waste of time as it couldn't learn half my gear. So to the internet I turned. I found this site which has been extremely helpful getting me up to speed in the world of remote controls - Thank you all. I have narrowed my search to either the Sony RM-AV3100 vs. a Sima SUR-47 (which is not covered on this site but looks similar to the Sunwave SRC-3810 which I can't find in the USA). I like the Sony for the cool look and the fact that everyone says it does control/learn everything under the sun. On the down side, it is big (2 hands to use), sounds like it goes through batteries frequently, and programming is doable but difficult/time consuming. The Sima appears to have a more comfortable shape and a very cool remote finder feature (which I love on my portable phone) but on its down side is the fact I see no user reviews and it's only carried at a few internet sites. Will the Sima really work with my gear? Will I be able to get help? So turning to the experts, which way should I go; Sony or Sima Thanks in advance -- Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse