Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Friday January 26, 2007 at 08:03
bookaroni
Long Time Member
December 2004
Anthony,
We have both made our choices, right or wrong. I know I will not convince you to change your mind. Just like you will not convince me to change my mind.
But I do want to add this:
Think of the average consumer walking in to a big box store that knows very little about either format. The price difference between the players will most likely be the deciding factor in this format war. Which means HD-DVD will win hands down. And entry level players from the Chinese will soon be showing up @ $250 to $300 for a player. I doubt any BR player will get down to that price for a long, long time.

Onkyo is coming out with this:
[Link: tinyurl.com]

On interactive features from here:
[Link: pcmag.com]

"One of the biggest improvements that HD DVD has over Blu Ray is the interactive content on their discs, the group claimed. Take King Kong, Superman Returns, MI:3, and The Fast and the Furious(Tokyo Drift) for example: the "Extras" on the disc feature black and white storyboards and in-depth commentaries from the actors and producers. In Tokyo Drift, they actually embedded a virtual GPS device that mapped out the exact location of the speed chases in Japan."

You really think HD-DVD is pretty much dead. Now THAT is funny!

Hosting Services by ipHouse