Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday September 9, 2005 at 03:57
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 09/08/05 18:23 ET, Anthony said...
Your question was with what can I use my CCF.
The answer is :all

now what is the difference between classic and
NG. Everything.

One other thing; you can use the ccf in the NG units by importing them, but you couldn't go the other way if you wanted to.

Also, my favorite of all of these remotes was the Marantz RC5200. When the Pronto did not, this one had a cursor pad off the screen, making for fewer screens and faster operation, and it had the BACK command, which would take you back to the last screen you were on. I didn't think the BACK was such a big deal until I used it. Suddenly I didn't have to have a separate surround adjustment page for each device; I could link to one audio surround and one video surround page, then have the client hit BACK and go back to whatever component screen they had been on.

The newer remotes are better because of being brighter, but the RC5200 has a cursor pad that looks like a cursor pad, not like text you would see on Stargate SG-1. The symbols on the NG product are really stupid and hokey.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse