The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday September 23, 2005 at 04:49
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 09/22/05 00:40 ET, wire pulling monkey said...
The RTI will do 15-455Khz codes, I know alot of
the older Pioneer elite was 455 along with some
upper end Kenwood from awhile back as well

Pioneer experimented with a 1.125 mHz carrier about seven years ago. Every model had it for a while, and it had a dumb menu system for programming...so the receivers could control other components in the 38 kHz range. It took Xantech about 18 months to engineer IR components to pass that signal, and then almost immediately Pioneer gave up on it.

It was a real bad idea to begin with.

I once programmed a Lexicon 500T to control a system with several Pioneer components.

The receiver could not tell if you were sending a signal to it or to another component, so there were problems.

When we switched to the Laserdisc, and issued a Play command TO THE LD, the receiver saw this command too, and a half second later issued a PLAY command. So it saw two PLAY commands. No big deal. But when you sent out a PAUSE command, the receiver sent out a second PAUSE command a half second later, and put the unit back into play...it was a PAUSE/PLAY toggle.

The B&O is up around the 455 mark as well. let
us know if you get control of it with the pronto

I think 455 kHz is exactly right. And the Pronto won't do that. I believe the commands in the files section work at a different frequency that the Pronto can do, that are not in the B&O remote, but that the B&O will respond to.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse