Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday October 30, 2003 at 13:12
Dooey123
Lurking Member
October 2003
Its a shame I have to be rude to get a reply :(
Dont worry this will be my last post.

I recieved the NAD HTR-2 earlier this week. It has a comfortable shape (easy to use with one hand) and feels very sturdy.
The buttons are well laid out and contain enough for DVD use with seperate cursor and transport keys. I like the inclusion of buttons for surround sound speaker levels. These also have graphics around the buttons for teletext users (Red, Green, yellow, blue)
After a quick browse through the manual I was quickly able to understand how to program the remote. A small LED in the center lights up (green,amber,red) to give you feed back whilst programming.
The function keys of which there are 8, light up red whn a key is pressed so you always know which function is in use. All the keys are backlit green, the length of time they are lit for is adjustable ( 0 - 5 seconds) allowing you to save battery power. All of my remotes were picked up by the HTR-2, it can also receive B&O signals.
Although the infared window on the remote is small it has a good spread both virticaly and h orizontaly,
Macros are also very easy to program and use, just press the macro key and then the programmed key to execute, the device keys will flash in order of sequence.
This is not the remote to buy if you have lost the origional remote as it only contains preprogrammed signals for NAD equipment. Although, being a hard button remote you cannot edit the button labels but the layout is intuitive enough.
Overall I am very happy with the NAD HTR-2, it does everything I need and only cost £45. It is the cheapest programmable remote available in the UK and I definatly recommend it.
Now time to buy some deoderant........ ;)

This message was edited by Dooey123 on 10/30/03 13:18.

Hosting Services by ipHouse