Post 12 made on Friday October 7, 2005 at 08:22
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 10/07/05 06:28 ET, fafy said...
I need only to build a CCF file to
import in Psiloc IrRemotem, I don't care about
graphics

That means you don't need the page(s) with the real buttons and graphics and aliases to the IR signals.

But a CCF file needs buttons for storing IR signals. So you still need something like the set of tiny buttons I described to hold the connection between the descriptions and the IR signals.

You might find (or use the IrPanels program to build) a CCF that already has panels of buttons and then edit it to change the descriptions and IR signals. That's what I do when I need a CCF file.

Also, the Pronto Hex in that xls file is in a special format for the RECS80 protocol. I don't know about the import ability in Psiloc IrRemotem, but most programs that can import Pronto Hex only understand ordinary Pronto Hex, not special formats such as this.

You may need to use the MakeHex program to create ordinary Pronto Hex for these signals. That also creates output that can be pasted directly into IrPanels to create a CCF with all the commands without individually pasting them into ProntoEdit (no need to use ProntoEdit at all).

RECS80 protocol includes something called a "toggle bit". In ordinary Pronto Hex, that is lost. The signals still work but there are some subtle restrictions. If the Psiloc IrRemotem understands the special format it might get the toggle bit right and avoid some issues. If you use MakeHex instead, you may need some extra work to clean up some subtle issues after it's basically working.

Hosting Services by ipHouse