Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday March 31, 1999 at 21:38
Kaz
Historic Forum Post
I bought an 8090 about a year ago and used it relatively happily until I bought a Sony RM-AV2000 based on the stuff I read on RC's AV2000 forum.

Each has its pros and cons. I like the fact that the 8090 is a stick-formfactor device. Its harder to hold the AV2000 and use it in 1 hand. Its also an all-button device, which makes it easier to use by feel. The repeater module is nice as well (no need to be in line-of-sight).

Programming isn't the easiest to do, especially for advanced functions, although it has all sorts of customizations that the AV2000 can't come close to. Advanced programming support is available via e-mail, but its not perfect. I never managed to get enough functions from either of my VCRs to make it useful. If it had a learning function, I may have never bought the Sony.

Brian, feel free to e-mail me. If I discover that enough people here want more info on the 8090 (and the nearly identical 8080) and if Daniel is OK with it, I may be persuaded to write up a full review of it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse