The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 25, 2007 at 18:01
greatdane
Lurking Member
January 2007
I have tried all I can to solve the problem myself , but I hit rock bottom , nothing more to do so I'm hoping someone here can help me , atleast a step further...

I bought a LG hifi , it's called LG LX-U550. It was on sale and I got it even cheaper since it was the last one in the store and it was used as sales-model, you know, for the display in the store for people to test it, look at and such. But there was NO remote, no manual and no box. The manual i found online so no problem, and the box doesn't matter. We asked the salesperson in the store if he could order a remote for us - he went and called (i dont know WHO he called) and said no can do. We tried at another shop, same chain but different city, same reply "no can do". I have then tried to mail LG electronics and they said they couldn't help.

So what do I do now ? I have read alot on these socalled 10-in-1 (or Universal) Remotes but I'm not having much confidence in buying one if it's not compatible with the hifi , what use is it when it could only work with other appliances but not the one for which i specificly bought it .... I saw such a remote in one of the local malls and contacted the firm who distributes them here in Denmark, asked for a codelist to verify if my LG was in it and they were going to mail it to me , but sofar nothing, haven't received anything. I looked at one of the lists they had available online but only found LG plasmas, LG DVD and LG Videos.... No hifi.

So what can I do ???? I was hoping to find an original remote but if that is not possible I will go for a multiremote /universal remote and can hopefully control the features on the hifi and not only "play" "turn on/off" etc. It is important that I can select bass functions and/or EQ stuff.

Hosting Services by ipHouse