The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday April 22, 2007 at 12:56
pouponfrance
Lurking Member
April 2007
I promised Zenith/LG that I would spread the word so that's why I'm here.

My wife and I purchased a high-altitude 42" flat screen tv for X-mas last year, $1800. We didn't purchase the two year extended warranty for $150 or so more, the price of the plasma was a stretch but we wanted that beauty up on our wall.

About 1 year and 2 weeks later, the display driver blew and Zenith immediately told me that my warranty expired 14 days earlier and they didn't have anything else to add. I got a quote downtown for $850, paid and got it fixed and exactly 60 days later, the display driver blew out again.

Obviously, this is not just an oddity anymore. I feel pretty secure that this problem will resurface immediately after I get it fixed again and it will probably be right after the repairman's warranty expires.

I have an $1800 hole in my pocket for a tv that lasted barely over one year and I believe Zenith/LG recognizes that I received a bad television and should replace it regardless of my warranty expiring 14 days prior. I do believe this is a systemic problem and that we probably wouldn't experience this again with their brand.

Any suggestions on my legal options here?

Thanks,
PouponFrance
PouponFrance

Hosting Services by ipHouse