The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday October 1, 2005 at 00:58
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Unless it has been changed since I placed it in my file of golden things to know about the Pronto remotes, the FAQ process does not involve downloading the firmware, it involves getting a cabernet prompt, then downloading a ccf.

I have heard that this process takes some split-second, or lucky, timing, but I have never run into that*. Is the firmware download cure descrbed somewhere else, and is THAT the process that requires luck?

*when you have a cabernet prompt, you have to download a ccf in a very few seconds, so you want to store a ccf in the HyperTerminal directory so you only have to do a few mouse clicks to choose the ccf to download. If you have to click all over the place to get to a ccf, it might take more time than you have available to start the download...is this the timing issue, maybe, that you were talking about, Lyndel?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse