The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday March 7, 2007 at 07:00
JustPlainDon
Long Time Member
March 2006
On March 4, 2007 at 14:01, psteven said...
Hi JustPlainDon

I would love to know how you set up your Sony 995V and
MX3000 to select videos via thumbnails. I have the MX3000
and DMX Sw... everything cataloged.

What sequence do you use to select DVD directly from MX3000?

psteven

Hey psteven,

Doesn't sound like you need my set up since you have the DMX software. I have DVD Profiler, but not the DMX software (which is very good software BTW). After I enter new DVD titles in DVD Profiler, write the unit and slot number on the DVD and sometimes scan covers if they are not available online, I launch Thumbs Plus. I go to the location on my hard drive where the larger images for DVD Profiler are stored (C:\Program Files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler\IMAGES). My images are sorted by date so I head directly to the end. I select those images of DVDs that I just entered and run a macro that creates thumbnails (81x117) and saves them in a differnt folder (doesn't matter where as long as you know where it is).

Now I launch MX3000 editor software. I have a "device" set up called "DVD Catalog". Each page consists of 8 images. To make life simple, I have a hidden blank page with 2 blank thumbnails (one for DVD unit 1 and one for DVD unit 2). Each thumbnail has 3 parts. A call for the macro necessary for my system to get to the point of proper input selection for the TV & inputting the slot number on the correct DVD jukebox, the inputting of the slot number and a call for the macro to complete selecting the DVD you want to watch and switching to the proper DVD unit's control page. So I copy a blank thumbnail (making sure the thumbnail is for player 1 or 2) from the hidden page and paste it where I want it. I then select the image from my newly created thumbnail gallery to replace the blank image. I edit the numbers to match the slot I'm using. I'm done except for clean up (you can easily write a batch file to delete all the images from your thumbnail gallery to clean it up so you only have new images when you are adding new thumbnails). I then save and download to my MX-3000.

It sounds a lot more cumbersome than it is. Once you do it a few times it gets easier and you can streamline it. As I've said before my most time consuming task is to enter the DVD into the DVD Profiler software. If you like I can send you a screen grab of a typical DVD Catalog page along with code for the thumbnail.

But if you already have the DMX software you definitely do not need my technique as the software does it for you.

L8r,
Don
When in doubt, mumble.

Hosting Services by ipHouse