Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday October 30, 2005 at 09:18
dudl
Lurking Member
October 2005
Hi Guys,

thanks for your words.

I tried Tonto, but I cannot see much difference exept for the better learning mode. I would have used it, but next day I wanted to start it, just nothing happened even after reinstalling. Not even a task opening in the task manager. I will investigate that, when I got some more time left.

I kept trying and after hours of experimenting, the ProntoPro just hast access to the motor screen and some lights i access via intertechno RF Controllers and the Philips SBC LI 800. Thanks to Thomas Mueller for the great work he did.

I even managed to get the default remote codes back, after reading this forum for hours. With that I managed to get the clean codes for my TV and even have set up all channels with logos. I had a laugh, when I found the cff for the Canon EOS 300D and it really works with taking pictures via the Pronto.

I also found out, why the remote does not learn correctly. This is because i program it in the computer corner, and here are a lot of interfereces. I'll go to the underground parking next time i need to learn some codes *lol*

What really annoys me, that I cannot learn any codes from the remote of my 3M Moviedream Beamer. Would be really nice if the Beamer would go on when the screen comes down.

Sounds as if I liked blood, but if I imagine the time this all took, it is sure far more than the time I would have pressed my other dozen remotes for the rest of my life. I am really used to work with any kind of software, but all that is available for the Pronto is not intuitive. It's all hardcore techie stuff you sure get into, if you fool around some time. And it is great there are people out there who try to make part of the work I expect Philips to do on a far higher professional level.

Regards,

dudl

Hosting Services by ipHouse