The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday October 29, 2005 at 12:56
Caz
Long Time Member
November 2003
You're forgiven BomberJim, but really I should have just slipped the cover and checked for myself.

Now, here's the thing. I don't think it's the batteries. New batteries did exactly the same thing as before.

I did wonder if it was dirty codes or because I have the numbers macroed so one button gets me to the desired channel. Checked all the codes (several times) and they seem clean.

I then dug out the old satellite remote this morning and discovered it was doing the same thing with that. I am now beginning to think it may be the satellite receiver itself, but that is weird if it is.

We leave the satellite switched on all the time so, when we want to start viewing, the only thing that needs switching on is the TV. So there's no question of the receiver having to warm up!

The Pronto can control the TV perfectly from the word go, but try changing the satellite channels and for about the first 20 seconds or so the Pronto (or the original remote) cannot seem to communicate with the Satellite receiver. Then it seems to accept part of the number.

For instance, if I have pressed the button for Sky One (I'm in the UK), which is 106, it might only get the 6. Sometimes it might get the 06, or just the 1 and not the rest of the number. This happens with any channel.

Then, after about a couple of minutes, everything is fine and the Pronto (and the original satellite remote) can talk to the receiver with no problems.

I've tried cleaning the glass door on the TV cabinet and the perspex on the Satellite receiver where the IR eye is, and even leaving the cabinet door open makes no difference.

So it would seem that there is some sort of mysterious gremlin in the Panasonic TU-DSB30 satellite receiver.

So cuddling the Pronto had no effect whatsoever, it was just the time it took for whatever is the problem with the satellite receiver to sort itself out.

So it looks like the trusty old Pronto lives to fight another day and we will just have to learn to live with this glitch on the receiver or buy a new one.

Again, thanks for all your help. You're all fantastic!

Caroline

This message was edited by Caz on 10/29/05 17:23 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse