The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 14, 2005 at 10:52
joefish
Long Time Member
November 2002
I have been working VERY hard and putting in many hours of work on my CCF for my ProntoPro. I made devices for a 300 disc DVD player and a 300 disc CD player with all the slot numbers assigned for aliasing a text list and/or a jacket pic. I also made a channle number list 2-125 for my HD-STB, HTPC HD tuner, VCR and TV Tuner so that channel logos can be mapped as well. With jumps back to basic remote panels after pressing the pic/text bar or logo. It is a great setup, even my 7 year old daughter uses it.
Well, after all this work I got a little worried about it the ccf. I have been working on this for about 3 years now, and I did not want to lose it. I decided to make a back up file. I just saved config as "backup". Damn good thing I did! Yesterday I added a few DVD's, with a text lists and a Jacket pics, no big deal. I downloaded it to the remote. My 9 year old son asked if he could use the computer, I said OK, but watch the screen and wait until it is finished. I gave instructions on what to do. I said "When it says it is downloaded successfuly, click OK, then close the program". He did not do this. I dont know why, but, he canceled the download, then saved it as is and closed the Pronto Edit program. This caused the CCF to lose all the remotes panels, all the DVD & CD slot assignments and lost all the channle assignments on all devices. This left me with a remote that had zero buttons, only blank background panels!!!! When he saved it, it saved the way the remote showed it. It was all lost, gone. Years worth of work, gone.
BUT WAIT, I MADE A BACKUP!!!!
Yes, it was all there in the BACKUP CCF!!!! Everything except the few DVD's I had added earlier.
SO, HERE MY WARNING, MAKE A BACKUP NOW!!!

Joe
I think I will also upload my ccf to remotecentral as well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse