Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday March 15, 2007 at 19:18
Stealth X
November 2005
no problem. in retrospect, i'm not sure why i numbered them as the numbers certainly dont coincide with the order of your questions! LOL

-my unit has the options of listing my titles alphabetically, or chronlogically by the dates they were recorded to the hard drive, or either of those options reversed. it also has 6 catagories you can name yourself then assign titles to a particular catagory, which then allows you to search by categories in the future.

-RW are exactly the same process to record to. the only difference i have found is that they are much slower when burning at high speed (about a 1/2 hr to burn a 2hr disc), and that you can delete titles from the disc individually or clear the entire disc to make room for more media. i personally never use them, in fact i find with 160gigs i dont really NEED to burn anything to dvd. i only do so as backup in case something happens to my HD (i'm careful now after having 2 fry on me), or to make copies of programs or home movies for friends and family. the other thing about RW discs is in order for them to be played on another DVD player, like DVD-R's, they have to be finalized, which means no more rewriting(i'm 90% sure on that -it MIGHT depend on the particular RW disc you use).

Hosting Services by ipHouse