Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday March 15, 2007 at 11:27
Stealth X
November 2005
On March 14, 2007 at 15:25, audio2 said...
is there a
different name for a DISC RECORDER WITH A HARD DRIVE versus
one WITHOUT a HARD DRIVE.

yes. a DVD Recorder opposed to an HDD DVD Recorder.

Is there any difference in QUALITYuseing a given disc in one versus the other?

no. DVD-R's are the most compatible with other DVD players, aswell as they burn the fastest, so i use them solely.

a significant advantage of useing a HARD DRIVE versus
NO HARD DRIVE?

absolutely.
#1.with a built in HD you dont have to worry about not having discs on hand.

#2.you can record a program or whatever to your HD then burn as many DVD's as you like one at a time at HIGH SPEED (takes my unit about 10min/disc).

#3.you can store the programs on your HD so they are there for you to view whenever you want and save you getting up changing discs.

#4.you can view programs from your HD while recording to your HD(or to a DVD) from any source. my particular unit i dont think allows simultaneous recording to HD and DVD. but with the highspeed recording i mentioned above thjis isnt really neccessary.

#5.obvioulsy the bigger the HD the more info you can store, so i would say the bigger the better.

#6.there is no "rewinding" your HD. you simply hit the menu (or whatever your unit calls it-maybe "list" or whatever) and all your recorded programs are there waiting to be played from the beginning (or wherever you last left off depending on how you set up your unit).

#7. i alsdo had a Media PC a had hoped would accomplish all of this but i also found it WAY to confusing to do so. where as this unit is VERY simple to use and edit with.

#8. in reference to editing. you have full editing features to delete any portion of anything recorded on your HD, aswel as many othe roptions.

heres my unit. i've actually had it for 2yrs so this is the updated version (200 cheaper than i paid too!) [Link: pioneerelectronics.com]

before getting this unit i had a 250gig LG HDD DVD Recorder and went through 2 of them having the same freezing problems beofre i switched to the Pioneer. i have had no problems with this unit whatsoever and would highly recomend it to anyone.

well i think with that and the link i provided most of your questions should be answered... if not let me know, i'm glad to help!

-Christian

Hosting Services by ipHouse