The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 14, 2007 at 15:25
audio2
Long Time Member
December 2006
First a simple request to all who post a reply to this entry. I asked this question recently in the wrong forum section and I became the butt of a few members comedy routine, I did not appreciate that so I ask that you please respect my technological ignorence and be respecrfull in your responces. Thank you for being civil. I am old school, All MY MUSIC is stored on OPEN REEL MAGNETIC TAPE. ALL MY VIDEOS IS ON VCR TAPE.. I have decided it is time to go to DISC as in DVD. FIRST technology, is there a different name for a DISC RECORDER WITH A HARD DRIVE versus one WITHOUT a HARD DRIVE. Is there any difference in QUALITY useing a given disc in one versus the other? Is there a significant advantage of useing a HARD DRIVE versus NO HARD DRIVE? Is there an advantage of useing an 80 gig drive versus a 120 gig? From a use standpoint can a signal either TUNER or EXTERNAL be RECORDED to the DISC AND hard drive SIMULTANEOUSLY? If so can the disc be replaced with a fresh disc and make a SECOND RECORDING from the HARD DRIVE? As many copies as needed one at a time, obviously? If the DIVE is recorded FIRST with NO disc, Is the process to "REWIND" the DRIVE in order to record to the DISC easy to do WITHOUT haveing to keep track of file names, timer counts, cueing, all the complicated steps for the same process useing a BURNER and SOFTWARE on a computer. I have a BURNER and SOFTWARE to burn BOTH dvd AND cd and the process is too comp;icated for me to understand, Plus useing EXTERNAL sources is not EVEN possible without a CAPTURE device at more $s. What I need from you is some basic info as to the advantages of WITH versus WITHOUT, how easy it is to use(WITH), weather the process of recording to HDD FIRST/EDITING( how easy is that alone ) THAN copying to DSC is? Not to mention the VCR like capeability of RECORDING from ONE source while playing the other(as I understand it, either source could be RECRDED while the other is being played) not to mention to be able to PLAY the HDD an INSTANT after it was resoded FROM the HDD(analogeous to the 3 head system of an open reel deck) without the inherint time delay, although I am sure it can be artificial created for old schoolers like me. Do I know what I am asking, I don*t even know any more. It is so long a process just to ask the questions! Now the easier questions. What I am asking now is for you to make reccomendations for specific BRANDS/MODEL #s. I do know that the unit should be able to handle ALL the so-called STANDARD discs today, DVD+and-/r and rw/ cd+ and-/r and rw single layer/single sided up to and includeing doudle layer double sided and ALL the others in between ram/vcd/ photo cd/jpeg/maybe scad(super cds?)/ cd-roms EXCLUDEING BLUE RAY DISCS (even I know they are not compatible with DVD). What am I missing, you think I know? I can*t think any more, you know what I am after at this point. I*m just sorry it took so long just to ask the questions and for that I appologize, but NOT for the CONTENT! I went on-line and found an owners manual that was 199 PAGES LONG!! I was going to PRINT it. I don*even have that much paper right now! PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE ME! enen though I am sure you are tempted. Unfortunately sales people are not good at this stuff. They know what they sell (maybe) and priceing. Beyond that they are useless! Please respond to reeltoreelguy@yahoo.com with as much usefull info as you can. You have no idea how confuced I am. contridictory info, wrong info, ect. By the way SAMSUNG NO LONGER OFFERS DISC RECORDERS OF ANY KIND! that I know for a fact. Thank you again for your help. I will gladly read ALL responces. Sorry this book is lo long. I just thought of something else but I won*t even bother to ask.

Hosting Services by ipHouse