Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Tuesday May 22, 2007 at 23:29
bookaroni
Long Time Member
December 2004
Erock1,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I thought it might be a silly question. But maybe not. No, I did not hear about the guy that spent $300+ on a HDMI cable that wouldn't carry a 1080p signal. Just glad it wasn't me.
Another thing I have read a lot-
Many people say don't go buy an expensive HDMI cable. An inexpensive (cheap) one will work just the same. That I never believed. With that said I have been thinking of dropping about $160 on a 2 meter cable made by Wireworld. Solid build and good reviews.
I'm past needing Deep Color as my Elite has no HDMI 1.3. And since I just bought it I won't be replacing it anytime soon.
But after spending $6200 for the Plasma and $900 for the HD-DVD player this is no time to get a cheap cable.
So Category 2 and verified to support 165MHz. I will make sure before I purchase. I did go to Wireworld's website and found nothing about either of these two points. But since there is a 2 after the series 5 makes me think the Silver Starlight 5 2 that the 2 might stand for category 2.
http://www.wireworldcable.com/

And the review says nothing either:
[Link: hometheaterhifi.com]

But it does mention thje connector is the sturdiest they have tested so far. Which I think means a lot as I have heard a lot about sloppy connectors.
Again, thanks for all your help.

Bruce

Hosting Services by ipHouse