Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 13, 1998 at 18:38
Steve Thompson
Historic Forum Post
In your review, you say: "Some templates are designed with specific functions in mind, while others are simply pages of customizable blank buttons."

I have a few questions about that, if you have a minute.

1. You mention, using VCR as an example, that Pronto provides ten templates per device. Are these all pre-defined based on what device it is, or do you have some choice over which templates are assigned to those ten slots?

2. Is there a variety of configurations for the template pages that are just blank buttons, and if so, how many configurations?

3. Do the devices have to be assigned a pre-set device category (VCR, CD, etc.) or can you define devices that don't fit standard categories? (And give them their own label?)

In case my questions don't make any sense, what I'm trying to get at is how easy it is to program for unusual devices. I have a TV program guide called "StarSight" that has its own proprietary remote, and I'd like to know whether the Pronto is flexible enough to accomodate such devices.

Also, I would like to set up a "device" that is actually a collection of the buttons I use most from several different components.

Hosting Services by ipHouse