Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday December 4, 1998 at 18:53
George Mills
Historic Forum Post
Having a set volume per device would be REAL nice.

You can do it with out mute but it will take a long time. Turn the volume -,-,-,-, for as many steps that exist. If you go more negative then it will just be ignored. Then go +,+,+ to the desired level. However my Volume has 100 steps or so.

Since these remotes are running real cpu's they could keep track of the volume. And know that it's at -10db and that when you select the tuner you want to start at -20db and it could turn it down 10 steps and then switch. This is the sort of thing I hope the remote will upgrade to in the future with the existing hardware.

This exact issue is one of the few gripes I have with the Meridian 561 preamp. When I turn the unit on it remembers the volume level I last left it at. If I last listened to a CD at -5dB and decide the next day I want the tuner (which is much more sensitive) I hit Radio to turn the unit on and get blasted (15db higher than I normally use the radio at).

What I may do in the Power Off button on the remote is turn the unit down 10dB or so before shutting off as a safety.

Hosting Services by ipHouse