Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday December 4, 1998 at 13:39
Phil
Historic Forum Post
Someone in the hometheater-forum brought following idea to my mind concerning the power-on/off problem:

Many devices don't just turn on if you hit the power-button but you hit a channel or play-button as well. So if you want to include a device in a "turn-on" macro you just programm it that way, "MD play (and stop)" or "TV Channel 6" for example.

If you're including a such a device in a "power-off" macro you just programm it like "MD play and MD Power" or "TV Channel 6 and Power". I guess most amps will turn on when selecting an input on the remote.

This way you can be sure the component will turn either on or off properly.

Except for my VCR and Satellite-receiver this would just work fine. I thought for this I could just setup "visual on", "visual off", "music on" and "music off" to or so. Since I haven't yet a pronto I couldn't try this myself.

Someone in this forum asked if it was possible to set the amplifier to a certain volume level on switching it on. I think on many amps you could do this by selecting a macro "mute amp" and then "4 times volume +" or so...

Just some thoughts about this "problem" :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse