Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Friday December 4, 1998 at 23:56
Scott "popcorn"
Historic Forum Post
No. we don't want one OS. we don't want one CPU. Choice is the best thing we can have, and helps to define freedom. What we want and need is one STANDARD. Then have several OS's people can choose from, several CPUs people can choose from, while still having the STANDARD there so everything will operate on it. It CAN be done. One other thing about people who develop (particularly for Windows) is that they keep adding more and more features without cleaning up the code they already have. No one except CAD engineers and graphic artists would need anything higher than a 486 if the code was clean. And don't tell me we can't have clean code. I'm a CS. I know about computers, and I've worked with them ever since I had my first TRS-80 COCO with 4K of RAM back in the early early 80's. I can write clean code. It seems to me people just don't care about it. Most software nowadays is throwbacks from decades ago that has had new segments tacked on over and over again, creating bugs and do-nothing code.

Hosting Services by ipHouse