Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Friday December 4, 1998 at 13:45
Scott "popcorn"
Historic Forum Post
George... You're missing the point. The whole point is that Microsoft has monopolized the computer industry, using a rather poor operating system I might add. And this is illegal. Why do you think they're in court right now? Now, the remainder of the point is that all these hardware makers are ensuring that monopoly contines by writing drivers and controlling applications ONLY for that operating system... Now, if you can think about that, think about this: If it continues, eventually EVERYTHING will be Windoze. Everything will have GPF's and have to be rebooted often. And quite frankly, after seeing what Microsoft has done in the past, I don't want their grubby hands on my future. And if that means I have to build my own hardware and write my own software, I'll do it. I'm very handy at that sort of thing... THAT is the point. Do you honestly want Microsoft to grow richer? Do you honestly want to see the future Enterprise Starship (assuming we actually decide to explore space) running Microsoft products? It's a very bleak future indeed. That's all I'm saying on the subject, except that I am currently moving away from all MS/Intel products, and soon I'll have a computer with very little, if any, MS code in it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse