Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday December 9, 1998 at 00:43
George Mills
Historic Forum Post
Jack, please don't let one person trying to save a buck discourage you from posting here.

I have gone with the cut throat pricing and paid local dealer list prices. You generally get what you pay for in the long run.

I think Ben should of just asked if there are any "Discount Mail order Houses" and not started up this "You should not be charging MSRP on the web". There was nothing wrong with posting Avalons price and I'm sure Jack and others appreciate that. But beyond that...I don't know.

I also don't believe sales on the web are gravy. Packing things up and mailing them are pain, returns are costly, long distance trouble shooting can be difficult and expensive.

If margins get too low everyone loses.

Jack, is not "One Call" with huge volumes, he is a local (and apparently quite knowlegable) installer. He made his offer, either take him up on it, pass or maybe call him and try to negotiate.

It's all supply, demand and quality of service. Quality of service can sometimes better over the net.

P.S. I'm pleased as peach that my shop4.com IRIQ order got messed up, because it was painless trying the IRIQ from my local dealer and returning it the next day and getting to try a pronto (when he gets them).

Hosting Services by ipHouse