The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday December 16, 1998 at 00:37
jack schultz
Historic Forum Post
Geo,

At the moment, we're just using an X-10 Pro low grade dogfood (about $20 I think) X-10 to IR box. Set it to a house code, send it one of the 16 IR's and it gives you the X-10 event. We then take the X-10 event into a SmartLinc HouseLinc which actually runs the macro or runs the lighting. The primary reason is that the only dimmers I know of that are very reliable and intelligent are SmartLinc TouchLincs. They have programable ramps, 256 memory positions, can provide an X-10 signal back, can be polled for status, return after power fail to state before fail, and have variable sensitivity and far better S/N ratio abilities. Am I convinced they are the way to go? They are on backorder to death at the moment and probably won't catch up until after 1/1/99.
We use the Houselinc to trigger the macros because it can track the power status of each piece of AV gear so they are power toggled when they shouldn't be. The houselinc also provides many more features. If you're interested, look at smartlinc.com.
When the software releases, I'll be posting X-10 codes accordingly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse